Chapter 3: Index Buffer Objects and Primitive Types Released

Posted on 28 Apr 2011 by Eddy Luten.

I'm happy to inform you that "Chapter 3: Index Buffer Objects and Primitive Types" is now available online by clicking on this link.

Many thanks go out to Christian Rau and Phi Hung Nguyen for reviewing the chapter before it was released. Let me know if you have any issues, bugs, errors, or simply wish to yell at me. Happy reading.

Wanted: Technical Reviewer

Posted on 20 Apr 2011 by Eddy Luten.

In an effort to minimize the amount of bugs introduced, I am looking for someone to review the chapters and code before I release them into the wild.

This person needs to be an experienced OpenGL programmer who's no stranger to modern OpenGL (3.0+) concepts and techniques.

Let me know if you're interested or if you have any questions by shooting me an email at:

Chapter 3 Preview

Posted on 15 Apr 2011 by Eddy Luten.

Chapter 3 Preview Chapter 3 is a relatively short chapter on the use of Index Buffer Objects. I'm currently in the process of rewriting pieces of it to smoothen the transition between "Chapter 2: Vertices and Shapes" and Chapter 4, a future chapter on a topic yet to be revealed.

If you haven't read Chapter 2 yet, read it now since you'll need knowledge of Vertex Buffer Objects for upcoming chapters.

Keep on the lookout for this chapter in the near future.

OpenGL 3.3 Compatibility Added

Posted on 14 Apr 2011 by Eddy Luten.

Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 now include source code for OpenGL 3.3, as will future chapters before we move into OpenGL 4.0-only territory. Just scroll down the "Conclusion" sections on those pages and look for the files marked "Compatibility."

Chapter 2 Updated - 04/13/11

Posted on 13 Apr 2011 by Eddy Luten.

I've updated Chapter 2 and made the following changes:

  • Bug: Inclusion and explanation of Vertex Array Objects (VAOs).
  • Content: A brief description of shaders and the included GLSL shaders.
  • Content: Descriptions of the CreateShaders and DestroyShaders functions.
  • Updated the inline source code as well as the source files to include these changes.

My apologies to those who couldn't get the examples to run on their machines, let me know if you're running into any kind of trouble.

Fork me on GitHub